POSTING DATE: February 18, 2021 POSTING # 098-21 (ONA)
EXPIRY DATE: February 25, 2021
HURON PERTH HEALTHCARE ALLIANCE
NOTICE OF VACANCY
*INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY*
POSITION: Primary Care Telemedicine NURSE PRACTITIONER
Primary Sites: Seaforth and Stratford, with Travel throughout SWLHIN region
Expression of Interest
The Huron Perth Primary Care Tele Medicine Nurse Practitioner (HPTMNP) will enable remote site access to client intake, referral, assessment and support as well as staff consultation for individuals (and their families) with mental health, addiction challenges, individuals living with or at risk of chronic disease(s), seniors and adults with complex needs. Working to promote nursing excellence, quality patient-centered care and high professional standards the HPTMNP will provide care through the therapeutic application of skills, knowledge, abilities and nursing standards, while collaborating with other healthcare team members. The HPTMNP will integrate access to primary care and specialized care by deploying Ontario Telemedicine technology to provide direct clinical assessment and intervention for clients and their families and coordinate consultation and follow-up care needs with primary care supports.
REPORTS TO: Manager, Seaforth Community Hospital
DATE REQUIRED: As Soon As Possible
SALARY: $59.21 to $62.59 per hour
- Current registration and certificate of competence in the Extended Class with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Certification as an Adult Nurse Practitioner or Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner in Ontario
- 2 years Nurse Practitioner experience working in an acute, long term care, mental health or community setting.
- Experience and proficiency in physical assessment of adults and adult primary care needs
- Ability to provide primary care services in clients’ home, community, office, hospital based settings
- Experience and proficiency in pharmacological, counseling and treatment methods relating to chronic diseases, mental health and addictions within the scope of practice of the RN (EC).
- Ability to perform comprehensive health or symptom directed assessments of clients to make a diagnosis within the scope of practice of the RN (EC).
- Demonstrated skill in advanced nursing care and treatment, including pharmacological management and/or counseling interventions for health problems within the scope of practice of the RN (EC).
- Ability to collaborate with inter-professional team members to develop individualized care plans with the client/family caregiver based on best practices.
- Demonstrated leadership for the advancement of clinical practice and achievement of program goals.
- Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of telemedicine best practices
- Certified in Ontario Telemedicine Use or willing to obtain certification
- Ability to support patients during their virtual visits by conducting patient examinations using tele-diagnostic equipment such as digital stethoscope, otoscope and patient examination camera
- Highly developed critical thinking skills
- Proven expertise in both teamwork and independent functions
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with multiple and complex work demands accurately, effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrated excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills in dealing with the patients, families and healthcare providers
- Demonstrated strong customer service and patient and family centred skills
- Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict and implement conflict resolutions
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and problem-solve and support the activities of self and unit staff
- Demonstrated effective time management skills and ability to deal with and provide direction in a stressful environment
- Participation in community committees as assigned
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of the Meditech information system and Microsoft Outlook (preferred)
- Valid Driver’s license, access to vehicle, auto endorsement insurance for the purposes of patient transport
- Travel throughout SWLHIN will be required to support patient care.
Please be advised that we are no longer accepting emailed or paper-based resumes. Please submit a complete resume by visiting our job opportunities page on our website: www.hpha.ca
Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.