POSTING DATE: February 14, 2020 POSTING #045-20(ONA)
EXPIRY DATE: February 21, 2020
HURON PERTH HEALTHCARE ALLIANCE
NOTICE OF VACANCY
POSITION: REGISTERED NURSE
Primary Site: Stratford
Inpatient Mental Health
Casual with a Temporary Part-Time Assignment x2
The RN offers mental health teaching to patients and families, and demonstrates knowledge of all Ontario legislation that affects mental health care. The RN is responsible for meeting the medical needs of clients, including medication management and education. The Registered Nurse will demonstrate solid knowledge and skills that include, but are not limited to: mental status examination, crisis management, establishment of effective therapeutic relationships, utilization of developmentally appropriate approaches, ability to provide and direct care to the psychogeriatric client, clients with substance abuse concerns, clients being cared for during withdrawal management processes, and implementation and evaluation of various therapeutic interventions
REPORTS TO: Manager Inpatient Mental Health and Stratford Emergency
DATE REQUIRED: As soon as possible
SALARY: $33.23 to $47.57 per hour
- Current registered member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current BCLS
- Canadian Nurses’ Association in Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing designation (CPMHN) preferred.
- Certification in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) preferred.
- Recent inpatient mental health experience preferred.
- GPA preferred.
- Mental Health First Aide preferred.
- Demonstrated skill in effective crisis management
- Demonstrated knowledge of psychopharmacology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the mental health act, substitute decisions act, health care consent act, -- Personal Health Information Protection Act
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and establish therapeutic relationships with clients and team members
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated commitment to lifelong learning
- Evidence of self-motivation, enthusiasm, and flexibility
Please be advised that we are no longer accepting emailed or paper-based resumes. Please submit a complete resume by visiting our job opportunities page on our website: www.hpha.ca
Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.